Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Good Intentions

Dear Designer Diary:
Today I started out with good intentions to get a lot accomplished at my office. After a mini "jam session" with staff yesterday, my mental list from last night was spinning with the "TO DO's"... like getting ready for a film set design project, carpet pricing, flooring orders and basically getting things "on-track"  feeling pressured by the gloomy economy. My dear hubby also added a few "errands" to my list as well.

Now, here I am mid-morning, just getting ready to head to the office. Yes, of course I called in... but today I am a Mom first, designer 2nd; Mom to a seven-year old little boy with a bad cough & cold that didn't sleep much at all last night. Soooo, now off WE go to work and maybe some of my list will get accomplished... if not, it will just have to wait. One of the good things about working in a close-knit business, we all believe that family comes first.... and I'm sure you will hear more about this "benefit" later!

Stay tuned...
Laurel Lane
Interior Designer & Owner
Laurel-Lane Interiors, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment