Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Little Shoulders ~ Big Responsibility

Dear Designer Diary,

Yesterday ended up being a productive day considering the slow start and I'm sure I left something on the plate for today. After talking with our accountant, sorting through our bills, planning for our future and just trying to keep our business family afloat (as well as my own family), the pressures of my responsibilities rest heavy on my shoulders.

Owning a business of anykind shoulders many responsibilities which most decorating TV shows do not reflect... especially in this economy!!! Sometimes I think folks perceive owning or working in a design business to be a "glamourous" job... all of the time. Let me assure you, that is not always the case (as I look at my poor unpainted, uneven fingernails). Like other professionals, Designers are real people that deal with life's real issues... just maybe in a more creative way!

The good news for me, our design team and others battling this bad economy is that we can count our many blessings and pray for better days ahead. Our creative team has shared in the good times together and we will share the rough times together as well... even though it may not be as fun. I can't wait to see what "fun" is ahead for us today! Stay tuned...

Laurel Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment